How to Clean Your Keurig
December 10, 2012 § Leave a comment
How to Clean Your Keurig Coffee Maker
This is an explanation of the cleaning process of the Keurig Coffee K-cup Brewing Machine, to help preserve the life of your Keurig machine. This is how to clean it properly:
- Fill the water reservoir tank with white distilled vinegar.
- Turn the coffee maker on.
- Run the brewing process without any K Cups in the coffee maker.
- Run it until the water goes down and the blue light starts flashing to indicate low water.
- Don’t add any more vinegar.
- Let the vinegar residue sit in the coffee maker for 4 hours.
- After the 4th hour, rinse out the water reservoir completely.
- Fill the water reservoir with clean water.
- Run the brewing process without any K Cups twice through the machine.
- Fill the water reservoir again with clean water.
- You are ready to brew your delicious coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
If your water is “hard” you need to clean your machine probably once a month. It can’t hurt the machine, but only help it. If you take care of your Keurig Coffee maker, and clean it properly & regularly, it should last you a very long time.
This Boston area graphic designer says, “Keep that coffee flowing!”
Thank you to a Yahoo contributor for sharing the steps needed to keep our Keurigs clean. Read the full article on How to Clean Your Keurig Coffee Maker here: voices.yahoo.co